Gary Merlino Construction Co., Inc is a privately held locally owned and operated general contractor specializing in heavy civil construction. Over the years GMCC has become one of the largest and most diversified contractors in the Puget Sound Region, self-performing approximately 85% - 90% of all projects awarded.
GMCC’s status as a leader in the Puget Sound construction industry gives our team an opportunity to work on a variety of unique projects in the area. You will be a member of a team that provides accelerated career growth through exposure to all civil disciplines.
We are currently seeking a MIXER TRUCK DIESEL MECHANIC – SWING SHIFT
for our facility in Renton/Seattle.
Mechanic will perform operation, maintenance, and repairs to a large fleet of mixer trucks.
- Heavy equipment parts familiarization including: parts catalogs, procurement, handling, storage, and cost of heavy equipment parts.
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains equipment.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions.
- Perform record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms.
- Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Assist other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of vehicles.
- Ability to work night shift and weekends as needed to make repairs necessary in the field and to perform preventive maintenance practices necessary to increase service life of equipment.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work may be required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Consistent, on time attendance is an essential function of this position
- Enhances maintenance department by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, and reading technical/regulation publications.
- Able to diagnose electrical problems and perform mechanical repairs and maintenance to various types of equipment including but not limited to: tires, ready mix concrete trucks and heavy construction equipment. Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects.
- Able to remove components for repair or replacement such as, but not limited to: injectors, starters, water pumps, radiators, brakes, etc.
- Able to create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information for work performed.
- Able to communicate with drivers and plant managers to ensure adherence to preventive vehicle maintenance policies and practices.
- Able to use a variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches, and welding equipment.
- Able to order parts from approved vendors and drive Company pick-up/repair truck to pick up parts when needed.
- Have a good history of attendance and punctuality.
GMCC offers a superior benefits package which includes:
- 401K Retirement
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Defined Pension Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacations
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance / AD&D
- Long Term Disability Benefit
- Flexible Spending Account
- Discount Gym Memberships
If you would like to work for a company that values honesty, loyalty and customer service while providing employees an opportunity to fulfill career goals, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We do not illegally discriminate in our employment decisions based on age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status or pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by local or federal law.
We are also an Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in our employment selection process.