Gary Merlino Construction Co., Inc is a privately held locally owned and operated general contractor specializing in heavy civil construction. Over the years GMCC has become one of the largest and most diversified contractors in the Puget Sound Region, self-performing approximately 85% - 90% of all projects awarded.
GMCC’s status as a leader in the Puget Sound construction industry gives our team an opportunity to work on a variety of unique projects in the area. You will be a member of a team that provides accelerated career growth through exposure to all civil disciplines.
Stoneway Concrete, a division of Merlino Construction is seeking a MIXER DRIVER
for our facility in Seattle.
- Before each delivery, the drivers back the trucks into a stall or drive up to a platform to rinse off the truck before leaving the yard. A scraper is also used to dislodge mud from the barrel (where the concrete mud is held), and from the chutes (the trough by which the mud flows from the barrel to the location where the mud is to be deposited.
- While driving, contact is kept with the dispatchers through radio and GPS.. There is a GPS system in the truck. Text messages can be sent back and forth between the dispatcher and driver.
- To pour the concrete mud out of the truck barrel, a concrete chute (like a trough) is assembled to the necessary length. First, the section of the chute called a Flop Chute which is permanently mounted on the back of the truck is unhooked and moved into position. Second, the steel cable which holds in place three sections of the steel chute on the side of the truck is taken off and one or all three of the chutes are removed, carried to the back of the truck and hooked to the existing flop chute. The Driver controls the speed and flow of the mud at the back of the truck using toggle switches.
- About five times a week, bags of cement or a bucket (with handles) of cement additives (like sealer) or bags of lime and/or calcium are carried to the truck and placed on a shelf about 3-4 feet off the ground. Maybe once a week, the driver will carry a bag or bucket up a 90 degree angle ladder built into the side of the truck and dumped into the hopper.
- When one delivery is concluded, the driver goes back to the yard, where he rinses off the truck and readies the vehicle for another delivery as indicated in #1.
- Must have Class A or B along with 1-3 years of work experience.
GMCC offers a superior benefits package which includes:
- 401K Retirement
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Paid Vacations
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance / AD&D
- Long Term Disability Benefits
If you would like to work for a company that values honesty, loyalty and customer service while providing employees an opportunity to fulfill career goals, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We do not illegally discriminate in our employment decisions based on age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status or pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by local or federal law.
We are also an Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in our employment selection process.