Gary Merlino Construction Co., Inc is a privately held locally owned and operated general contractor specializing in heavy civil construction. Over the years GMCC has become one of the largest and most diversified contractors in the Puget Sound Region, self-performing approximately 85% - 90% of all projects awarded.
GMCC’s status as a leader in the Puget Sound construction industry gives our team an opportunity to work on a variety of unique projects in the area. You will be a member of a team that provides accelerated career growth through exposure to all civil disciplines.
Stoneway Concrete, a division of Merlino Construction, is currently seeking a WEIGHMASTER - ROVER
for our facilities in Renton and Maple Valley.
This is an entry level position with on the job training*
- Ensures that all material leaves the yard accounted for and any material dumped is charged to the proper job, or customer.
- Travels from two to three different plants to work.
- Provide front line Customer Service by assisting walk in customers with the selection of proper materials, dumping procedures, costs, etc. Answering all incoming phone calls. Correspond with intra company personnel when needed by phone and via e-mail.
- Maintain a good working relationship with Plant Manager and Outside Quarry personnel.
- Knowledgeable of material produced and stocked. Familiar with the location of products available for purchase.
- Familiar with list prices for all material sold.
- Maintain daily activity spreadsheet including weekends and after hours.
- Generate and record tickets for after hours and weekend activities.
- Collect cash or run credit card transaction for all COD Sales. Verifying customer and credit card information prior to finalizing the sale. Verifying correct amount was charged and collected.
- Account for all cash sales, record on the daily cash spreadsheet.
- Organize all cash tickets separately and verify that monies are accounted for each ticket.
- Reconcile all credit card transactions at the end of day.
- Knowledgeable of Systech capabilities and functions. Familiar with looking up products, new jobs and customer accounts. Accurately entering and assigning the correct account number, job number and product number to each ticket.
- Obtain a current Reseller’s Permit for non taxable customers and forward to the Credit Department.
- Responsible for obtaining every customer’s signature on each ticket printed.
- Maintain open communications with Billing, Credit, and Sales Departments as questions arise.
GMCC offers a superior benefits package
If you would like to work for a company that values honesty, loyalty and customer service while providing employees an opportunity to fulfill career goals, please submit your resume and cover letter or visit www.gmcc.catsone.com/careers/
We are a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We do not illegally discriminate in our employment decisions based on age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status or pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by local or federal law.
We are also an Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in our employment selection process.