Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, conforming to local building codes, by performing the following duties.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Verifies trueness of structure and lays subflooring.
- Covers sub-floor with building paper to keep out moisture and lays hardwood, parquet, and wood-strip block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware, such as locks, letterdrops, and kick plates.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
If you would like to work for a company that values honesty, loyalty and customer service while providing employees an opportunity to fulfill career goals, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We do not illegally discriminate in our employment decisions based on age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status or pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by local or federal law.
We are also an Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in our employment selection process.